what happens when i am approved for a daintree puppy?
- On approval, you will be asked to read and sign the Deposit agreement. When this is received, we will ask you for your first deposit. If the litter is not yet born, the amount is $350 CDN dollars. If the puppies are already here, we will inform you of the amount. Upon receipt of your payment, you will receive an exclusive invitation to the Daintree Waitlist Facebook Group.
- The $350 deposit is to hold a spot for you on the waiting list prior to the birth/whelping. Litters are generally bred only when we have sufficient interest in the puppies, because if you change your mind or don't take a puppy for any reason we have to start the process again of finding another family as great as you to take your place.
- Additional installments will be requested throughout the raising of the litter in order to help offset the costs of raising the puppies.
- When the puppies are 4 weeks old, families will be able to come and visit on Open House days (approximately once a week.) These are designed for you to come with your immediate family and meet and handle the puppies in our home. You are invited to bring your cameras to record these precious memories.
- After the puppies are 9 weeks old, they are ready to come and live with you! Your remaining balance will be due upon pick up or prior to shipping. (Shipping charges are additional.) They will have had a vet check, and deworming. It is proven that vaccinations at such an early age are redundant to maternal antibodies, so no shots are given prior to the puppies leaving- you are encouraged for vaccinate for Parvo ( and Distemper if you chose) when your pup is 14-16 weeks old and to keep him away from unknown dogs and heavy traffic areas for dogs until after this vaccine is given. Each puppy receives a 2 year health warranty in writing as well as 6 weeks of complimentary pet insurance. You are becoming part of the Daintree Family and will receive lifetime support for any medical, behavioural or other issues that may arise.
- If you need us to run your puppy on here with us due to timing or personal issues, this is negotiable at an extra cost of $140/week or $20/day beginning after the Gotcha Weekend.
- Puppies who are being shipped or delivered will be subject to additional costs including but not limited to: Fee charged by Vet to provide documentation that the puppy is fit for air travel, airport transfer fee, crate purchase, shipping charges and all applicable taxes.
Trisha is a wealth of knowledge on the care and raising of puppies and happy to answer any questions you have before or after you have your Daintree Dog. We intend to keep in contact with you and love to hear updates on how our extended families are doing.